Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Library Things, Rollyos & Web life

Today I'm trying to learn about Library Things and Rollyos. LT is really like an electronic booklist that everyone can see what you're reading. Tags are descriptive words so others can quickly see what type of books you like. Rollyos are customized search engines. I think it might be really cool if you could combine your favorite search engines. I went with the prefab "Reference" search engine. Still way behind but learning!
I found a really neat article in the OWH on 12-24-08, evening ed. p. 3D. It was about all the different pwds you have on the Web if you use Twitter, Flickr, Google Chat and the like. Apparently, I am not the only one who has a mental meltdown trying to remember them all! Windows Live is trying to create an interface with all of these sites. The gist of the article was that while it was good it was still in testing mode. At least it's comforting to know that technology is expanding as my mental capacity is shrinking!

No comments: